The Finance & Insurance (F&I) Manager sells financing and insurance programs for both new and used powersports units to buyers. F&I Managers also work with financial lenders to give fair interest rates and programs to buyers. As with all positions within the dealerships, F&I Managers are expected to uphold the highest ethical standards
In this role, you will help deliver an exceptional customer experience and increase profitability for the dealership. This is a very fast pace and high-volume position that will require multi-tasking, problem solving, organizational and team working skills to name a few. Following is a list of responsibilities required but not limited to perform:
- Offer vehicle financing and insurance products to customers. Provide buyers with a thorough explanation of aftermarket products and extended warranties. Give complete explanation of manufacturer and dealership service policies and procedures.
- Seek new lending institutions and maintain good working relationships with lenders to secure competitive interest rates and financing programs.
- Process financing and leasing deals accurately and secure approval through financial sources within the proper federal, state and corporate channels.
- Understand and comply with federal, state, and local regulations that affect the new and used vehicle finance departments.
- Create and maintain a program with the Sales Department that will ensure all unit sales are referred to the F&I Department.
- Train and provide the Sales Department with information on financing and lease programs and the benefits of the dealership’s financing and extended service programs.
- Maintain the profitability of the F&I Department while controlling expenses and maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Follow up on any additional requests for information in a timely and efficient manner.
Additional responsibilities to be performed include the following:
- Submit daily, weekly and monthly reports for management as requested.
- Complete seasonal projects as necessary
- The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Qualifications and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 2-3 years of dealership sales and management experience
- Excellent listening and customer service skills
- Positive interpersonal skills – ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize and monitor activities
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Detail and process oriented
This position is performance based. Requirements and responsibilities can and will change to maintain an exceptional customer experience and department profitability. Business seasonality will require focus and priorities to be considered carefully. The General Manager will help support priorities as needed.